The 2022 Steamfitters golf outing was again held at Blackhawk Golf Course. It was a sellout with 284 golfers in attendance. The outing was a huge success. All attendees received a 449-golf towel, a sleeve of balls and tees at the sign-in, hot dogs at the turn, and a great steak dinner after golf. We had a refreshment cart for every nine holes, so no one went thirsty, and the weather was great. There were prizes galore to be won, all high-end clubs, bags, shirts, balls, and gift cards.
Courses 1 and 2 Winners and Skill Prize Winners
- 1st place at 15 under repeating winners, Mike Bryne, Matt LaPlace, CJ LaPlace and Bill Stewart
- 2nd place, at 11 under, Ken Broadbent, Tim Goldberg, Jim McCann, and Mike Dahler
- Skill prize winners were closest to the pin: #2, Russ “little Alvin” Wiefling, #5, Neil Giering, #11 the $10,000 hole, Justin Wachter, #15, Tim Goldburg.
- Closest to the pin in two: #6, Jim McCann., #8, Tim Dzbinski, #18, Jason Duerr.
Courses 3 and 4 Winners and Skill Prize Winners
- 1st place at 14 under, Lou Reda, Kolten Richter, Josh Repasi and Nick Macedonia
- 2nd place at 9 under, Joe Little, Tom Little, Brian Kadlubek and Gino Torretta
- Skill prize winners were closest to the pin: #3, Rick Wuenschell, #6, Kolten Richter, #13, the $10,000 hole, Gino Torretta, #16, T J Takacs
- Closest to the pin in two: #2, Lou Reda, #7, Josh Repasi, #12, Gino Torreta, #17. Two guys both put it in the hole for an eagle! Vinny Dawrench and Nick Macedonia
We would like to thank the following people that made the outing a success by helping with registration, hole-in-one witnesses, photography, beer carts, and prize distribution. These include Ricky King, Mike Leaf, Harry Sterling, Tom Lengerer, Bob Lorenzi Jr, Billy Tuite, Kevin Cummings, Ron Conley II, and Marty Kron.
As stated above, we had a full house this year and everyone had a great time! We had lots of new winners, and the course management complemented us on the overall event!
This was the second year in a row we sold out, so mark your calendars for next year, Saturday June 10, 2023. Get your name in early!